Perform Field Tests at the start of your Training Plan and then every 8 weeks in an active recovery week to ensure you are training at effective intensities.
1/ The results will act as a benchmark of your current fitness, enabling you to measure progress.
2/ The values you establish will help you train at the right intensities.
3/ Enter accurate bike power thresholds into your Training Peaks Settings. Workout builder will then calculate your power and pace for each workout that you can export to your training device.
4/Training Peaks will predict new thresholds as you progress, based on your training data.
- Threshold bike power and heart rate values are determined with the (CP20) Test. It predicts your best average power output and threshold heart rate for a one-hour steady state time trial.
To train using your FTP
- Enter your determined values into your Training Peaks Account
- Click on Your Name > Settings > Zones > Power
- Add Bike and enter your FTP
- Save and Close
- Your workouts will now give you target power for each session utilising the Workout Builder
To train using Threshold HR's
- Enter your Threshold HR's into our online Bike Threshold Heart Rate Calculator
- Calculate your 5 Zones for each discipline
- Follow the Workout Description to train at the correct intensity
- (Optional) For post-workout analysis add these values to your Training Peaks settings (Zones>Heart Rate>add activity>bike threshold)
To train using Max Heart rate
- Complete the Max Heart Rate Field Test or go straight to our online calculator for an estimation
- Use the Max HR Online Calculator to determine your Training Zones
For further information on determining your Thresholds and Training Zones:
Copyright Myprocoach Ltd © May 2018. All rights reserved.