Perform Field Tests at the start of your Training Plan and then every 8-12 weeks in an active recovery week to ensure you are training at effective intensities.
1/ The results will act as a benchmark of your current fitness, enabling you to measure progress.
2/ The values you establish will help you train at the right intensities.
3/ Enter accurate bike power and run pace thresholds into your Training Peaks Settings. Workout builder will then calculate your power and pace for each workout that you can export to your training device.
4/Training Peaks will predict new thresholds as you progress, based on your training data.
Determine your "thresholds" for each discipline. (If you have chosen a running plan ignore the swim and bike!)
- Threshold swim pace is calculated through the Critical Swim Test. It predicts your pace for a 1500 (yards or meters) time trial.
- Threshold bike power and heart rate values are determined with the (CP20) Test. It predicts your best average power output and threshold heart rate for a one-hour steady state time trial.
- Threshold running pace and heart rate values are determined with the Threshold Running Pace Test. It predicts your current best pace and threshold heart rate for a 60-minute race.
- To train using your Run Threshold Pace and FTP simply enter your determined values into your Training Peaks Account:
- Click on Your Name > Settings > Zones > Pace/Speed
- Add Run and enter your Threshold Run Pace
- Add Bike and enter your FTP
- Save and Close
- Your workouts will now give you target paces for each session utilising the Workout Builder
- To train using Threshold HR
- Enter your Threshold HR's into our online Bike Threshold Heart Rate Calculator and Running Threshold Heart Rate Calculator
- Calculate your 5 Zones for each discipline
- For analysis add these values to your Training Peaks settings (Zones>Heart Rate>add activity>bike threshold and run threshold)
- Follow the description in each workout to train at the correct intensity
- To train using Max Heart rate
- Complete the Max Heart Rate Field Test or go straight to our online calculator for an estimation
- Use the Max HR Online Calculator to determine your Training Zones
- Swim Workouts
- You will need to follow the description for the Swim workouts
- Use our Online Calculators to calculate your target Swim Speed.
Bike Threshold Heart Rate Calculator
Run Threshold Heart Rate Calculator
For further information on setting up your Training Zones in your Training Peaks account:
Copyright Myprocoach Ltd © May 2018. All rights reserved.