First of all determine how you are going to measure your training intensity.
"Critical Swim Speed" (CSS) is the most specific way to train in the prescribed zones. We recommend you re-test every 8 weeks to ensure you are training at the correct intensity.
"Feel" also known as "Rate of Perceived Exertion" (RPE) can also be used for those who like to keep training straightforward.
This is the order in which you should prioritise them:
- Critical Swim Speed
- Rate of Perceived Exertion
For all swim workouts follow the workout description for your Training Zones.
1. Critical Swim Speed
- Determine your Critical Swim Speed (CSS) using our Online Calculator.
- Follow the Workout Description to complete your session
- (Optional for post-workout analysis) in Training Peaks:
- Click on your name (top right) > settings > zones >speed/pace >swim speed/pace
- Enter your CSS as your threshold swim pace
- Add your Five Training Zones by clicking "Add Zone" (see screenshot below)
- Add your values established using the online calculator
- Training peaks will ask for a range so add 2-3 secs either side of your calculated pace
The swim workouts do not use workout builder and therefore cannot be exported to your device.
Train to Feel or Rate of Perceived Exertion as per the intensities in the table below.
You may be interested to use this table for more on zones.
Watch this short video for a step by step:
Copyright Myprocoach Ltd © May 2018. All rights reserved.