Before you start your myprocoach.net training program, it's a great idea to set some new thresholds.
There are a few reasons why:
1. They act as a benchmark of your current fitness, enabling you to measure progress.
2. You can use the results to create your own training zones, which helps you train at the right intensities. You can use our online zone calculators to help you. We also have a separate article about creating your training zones.
3. Once you enter accurate thresholds into TrainingPeaks your workouts will show accurate pace and distance information for planned workouts.
4. Once Training Peaks knows your thresholds it can predict new threshold changes for you in the future, based on your training data.
Step 1: Field testing.
You can perform these 3 simple tests to get some benchmark fitness data. This helps you create accurate and up to date thresholds. If you've raced recently, you could use the data from your race instead.
Step 2: What to do with the results
If you use Training Peaks you can enter your thresholds into your Settings. From your Training Peaks account, simply click on your name (top right of screen) and then Settings. Click on Zones to update your thresholds. See screenshots attached!
Once Training Peaks has enough recorded training data about you it will start to suggest new threshold changes, including max HR, FTP and threshold running pace provided you have ticked the option to "notify me of suggested threshold changes via email" your Training Peaks Settings.
If you have used our online calculators as described above then we recommend not to tick "automatically apply new threshold changes" as this will default your zones to an automatic Training Peaks setting that may have the incorrect number of zones and calculations.
We also recommend you check out our Training Zones Calculators (see below) and our article about How To Set Training Zones.
Training Zone Calculators
- Bike Power Zone Calculator
Copyright Myprocoach Ltd © May 2018. All rights reserved.